There once lived a lady
On this very road
She lived in an old oak house
Near which children dreaded to go
Some say she was a witch
Others say insane
Nobody knows what happened to her
Neither did they care
Tonight is a another night
As I jog down this cold misty road
I try to concentrate on my footsteps
Keeping my head low
My mind starts to play tricks on me
Surroundings play along
The voice in my heart sings
Be brave, be strong
Just then
I begin to hear footsteps
Acting as echoes of my own
I stop dead in my track
Hold my breath
And turn around
To find myself
Standing cold in the darkness
All alone
Suddenly
Lightning cracks
Thunder violently roars
As though they were seeking my attention
Diversion was their goal
The next thing I know
It’s the lady from the old oak home
Standing in the moonlight
All adorned
Both of us stood there
Our eyes saying it all
She could read my minds confusion
As if
I was not knowing
Whether to run or stall
And just then
She reached out a hand to me
As if to say don’t go
Her eyes spilled out tears
Saying a sad story of their own
My heart reached out to her
She saw my expression change
She turned around
To show me bruises
Which were made in an act of rage
Suddenly
Lightning cracked
Thunder violently roared
They finished their little song and dance
To make me realize she was gone .
Here I am again
Jogging on another cold night
Mist embraces me
As fears cloud my mind
I keep on wondering
Will I meet the lady ?
From the Old Oak Home
Curiosity
Leads me right to the spot
Lighting crack once again
Thunder screams ‘watch out’
I can see shadows at the window
Of the Old Oak House
A lady and a man
In a bitter feud
The man raises his gun
Aiming to shoot
Suddenly I hear screams
Screams of pain
My body paralyzed
My mind the same
There goes the gun shot
The lady is down
My heart says run
Run now
Once again here I am
Jogging in the night alone
My mind says
You must be crazy
To be out here once more
But , something inside me
Says you must go on
The truth is out there
It should be known
There goes the signal
Lightning and thunder again
I turn around to find
The lady standing there
She somehow looked different
In a faint glow
She leads me to a tombstone
Where the flowers bow
She then turns around
And smiles at me
Instantaneously I smile back
Lightning crack
Thunder commands rain
Before I knew it
She was gone once again
I stood there staring
Staring hard ,at the tombstone
It read ‘ 1989 The lady of the Old Oak Home
Died of Sorrow ‘
Suddenly rain showered upon us
As if to bless her grave
Flowers bloomed around it
As my heart felt the same .
By Sangeetha Shenoy
On this very road
She lived in an old oak house
Near which children dreaded to go
Some say she was a witch
Others say insane
Nobody knows what happened to her
Neither did they care
Tonight is a another night
As I jog down this cold misty road
I try to concentrate on my footsteps
Keeping my head low
My mind starts to play tricks on me
Surroundings play along
The voice in my heart sings
Be brave, be strong
Just then
I begin to hear footsteps
Acting as echoes of my own
I stop dead in my track
Hold my breath
And turn around
To find myself
Standing cold in the darkness
All alone
Suddenly
Lightning cracks
Thunder violently roars
As though they were seeking my attention
Diversion was their goal
The next thing I know
It’s the lady from the old oak home
Standing in the moonlight
All adorned
Both of us stood there
Our eyes saying it all
She could read my minds confusion
As if
I was not knowing
Whether to run or stall
And just then
She reached out a hand to me
As if to say don’t go
Her eyes spilled out tears
Saying a sad story of their own
My heart reached out to her
She saw my expression change
She turned around
To show me bruises
Which were made in an act of rage
Suddenly
Lightning cracked
Thunder violently roared
They finished their little song and dance
To make me realize she was gone .
Here I am again
Jogging on another cold night
Mist embraces me
As fears cloud my mind
I keep on wondering
Will I meet the lady ?
From the Old Oak Home
Curiosity
Leads me right to the spot
Lighting crack once again
Thunder screams ‘watch out’
I can see shadows at the window
Of the Old Oak House
A lady and a man
In a bitter feud
The man raises his gun
Aiming to shoot
Suddenly I hear screams
Screams of pain
My body paralyzed
My mind the same
There goes the gun shot
The lady is down
My heart says run
Run now
Once again here I am
Jogging in the night alone
My mind says
You must be crazy
To be out here once more
But , something inside me
Says you must go on
The truth is out there
It should be known
There goes the signal
Lightning and thunder again
I turn around to find
The lady standing there
She somehow looked different
In a faint glow
She leads me to a tombstone
Where the flowers bow
She then turns around
And smiles at me
Instantaneously I smile back
Lightning crack
Thunder commands rain
Before I knew it
She was gone once again
I stood there staring
Staring hard ,at the tombstone
It read ‘ 1989 The lady of the Old Oak Home
Died of Sorrow ‘
Suddenly rain showered upon us
As if to bless her grave
Flowers bloomed around it
As my heart felt the same .
By Sangeetha Shenoy
No comments:
Post a Comment