The scorching sun radiates
His fiery heat on the Arabian maiden
Who lies beneath
Embracing the Middle East
Her beauty ,Lying in her Serenity
The gentle Wind , it blows
Shifting her sands
With a soft feather touch
The Once made ,Travelers footprints
His journey’s testimony
Disappears, For the hope
He wont need them to return
The desert , A capricious lady
Ability to drive men crazy
Reflects her Passion’s heat
Fooling them with mirages
For the Eyes roaming thirstily
Its in the beauty of the desert
My heart resides
The black hooded majaIs ride
Only revealing their eyes
Raising their swords
To the skies above
Calling out the most merciful
Allah heeds all
They carry me
On their Black stallions
Galloping we go
Through the dipping sands
A falcon, an ally, follows
With a swiftness of flight
Its in the oasis , we land
I smell the aroma , Of Arabic tea
Tingling in the atmosphere
I Gaze at luxurious tents
Welcoming they lay
The Persian carpets
The date trees beckons
The beautiful springs , heaven sent
Its here , my heart
Calls home
I smile at the friendly people
In their abayas and thobs
Its here , I sense Contentment
A memory of life that I hold
By Sangeetha Shenoy
His fiery heat on the Arabian maiden
Who lies beneath
Embracing the Middle East
Her beauty ,Lying in her Serenity
The gentle Wind , it blows
Shifting her sands
With a soft feather touch
The Once made ,Travelers footprints
His journey’s testimony
Disappears, For the hope
He wont need them to return
The desert , A capricious lady
Ability to drive men crazy
Reflects her Passion’s heat
Fooling them with mirages
For the Eyes roaming thirstily
Its in the beauty of the desert
My heart resides
The black hooded majaIs ride
Only revealing their eyes
Raising their swords
To the skies above
Calling out the most merciful
Allah heeds all
They carry me
On their Black stallions
Galloping we go
Through the dipping sands
A falcon, an ally, follows
With a swiftness of flight
Its in the oasis , we land
I smell the aroma , Of Arabic tea
Tingling in the atmosphere
I Gaze at luxurious tents
Welcoming they lay
The Persian carpets
The date trees beckons
The beautiful springs , heaven sent
Its here , my heart
Calls home
I smile at the friendly people
In their abayas and thobs
Its here , I sense Contentment
A memory of life that I hold
By Sangeetha Shenoy
No comments:
Post a Comment