If one would ask
How you describe thee ?
I would compare myself
To her, the magnificent Sea
In Bliss
I dazzle individuals
Till they go blind
Reflecting the dancing sunshine
On the surface of my eyes
In love
You will see me turn scarlet red
As the mighty Sun
Showers his rays of love
And kisses me on the horizon
In wrath
You will see me shake
The strongest boat
And hurl around
Those who dare to hurt
But forgiving I am
As soon as the storm is done
I quickly make up
Declare Peace
And become calm
In solitude
I become cold and withdrawn
Cover myself in a mist of memories
That none can navigate through
Or figure out
In trifle
I let the hope of moonlight
Touch my black waves
Beckon for strength, to go on
In the darkest night that I lay
Just like the Sea
I am only understood by
And I understand those
Who take time to understand me
Just like the Sea
My beauty lies beneath
Don’t judge me on the surface
Because that isn’t the real me .
By Sangeetha Shenoy
How you describe thee ?
I would compare myself
To her, the magnificent Sea
In Bliss
I dazzle individuals
Till they go blind
Reflecting the dancing sunshine
On the surface of my eyes
In love
You will see me turn scarlet red
As the mighty Sun
Showers his rays of love
And kisses me on the horizon
In wrath
You will see me shake
The strongest boat
And hurl around
Those who dare to hurt
But forgiving I am
As soon as the storm is done
I quickly make up
Declare Peace
And become calm
In solitude
I become cold and withdrawn
Cover myself in a mist of memories
That none can navigate through
Or figure out
In trifle
I let the hope of moonlight
Touch my black waves
Beckon for strength, to go on
In the darkest night that I lay
Just like the Sea
I am only understood by
And I understand those
Who take time to understand me
Just like the Sea
My beauty lies beneath
Don’t judge me on the surface
Because that isn’t the real me .
By Sangeetha Shenoy
No comments:
Post a Comment